Sorcery, SORCERY! Magic Balls Illusion



This is a little demonstration of the dark arts in the form of an optical illusion. Or, as I like to call them, devil eye tricks.

This simple yet confounding model was named the Illusion of the Year by the Meiji Institute for Advanced Study of Mathematical Sciences, Japan.

This kind of optical illusion, which I named "Impossible Motion", was discovered in my engineering research for machine interpretation of line drawings. In order to check the behavior of my software, I gave what are called "pictures of impossible objects" as the input expecting the software to judge them impossible.

However, my software sometimes interprets "pictures of impossible objects" as actual solids, from which I found that some of "pictures of impossible objects" are not impossible; they can be constructed although general angles are used where they look rectangular.

http://gizmodo.com/5537123/the-2010-illusion-of-the-year-is-gloriously-mind+melting

No comments:

 
g.ban's world | Designed by Techtrends | © 2007-2008 All rights reserved